Employment law can be confusing – particularly as your legal rights sometimes differ, depending on whether you are classed as an employee, a contractor or you are working as a self-employed freelancer.
We can cut through the jargon and red tape to help you understand your legal rights.
If you are facing redundancy, a disciplinary hearing, harassment, victimisation, discrimination or a dismissal at work, you need to make sure your rights are protected.
We can also help you if you feel you are being asked to work in an unsafe environment or if you are being expected to turn a blind eye to illegal practices – known as whistleblowing.
Our expert employment law team can provide practical advice and sympathetic support on a range of issues including:
- Grievances, disciplinary procedures and unfair dismissals
- Discrimination, harassment and victimisation
- Settlement agreements
- Directors’ service agreements and duties
- Working time
- Disputes over wages
- Representation at disciplinary and Tribunal hearings
- Restrictive covenants
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Vetting and barring
- TUPE – Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment)
- References, recruitment and promotion
If you are worried about workplace issues and you would like to find out your rights, get in touch with our expert team now for a free, initial conversation.