If you own an international haulage business or operate as a HGV driver, you will know that the laws, regulations and agreements that you must follow are complex.
Our specialist legal team is able to offer expert guidance to ensure that your business complies with the latest CMR Convention legislation, including the new wide-ranging changes resulting from Britain’s departure from the EU.
Our expert team can help with:
- Vehicle and driver documentation rules
- Vehicle weight limits when driving abroad
- Road consignment note rules
- Limitations on driving commercial vehicles in Europe
- Custom transit options when moving goods internationally
- Customs duty and regulatory offences
- Asset confiscation
- Trader registration, VAT rules and other customs systems
- Legal defence relating to the carrying of clandestine entrants into the UK
- Logistics documentation
- New requirements for hauliers operating between the UK and the EU, post-Brexit
To find out more about our specialist customs and international road transport legal services, please contact us.